http://www.inquisitr.com/1757476/interstate-93-black-lives-matter-protesters-chain-themselves-to-barrels-and-bring-boston-traffic-to-a-halt/
This article describes the protest incident that occurred on January, 15th. Protestors chained themselves to each other through barrels of concrete and settled themselves on Interstate 93, blocking the morning rush hour traffic. They were protesting for "Black Lives Matter" in response to the police killings of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. The protest backed up traffic for miles and even prevented a man, in critical condition, from reaching the desired hospital. The protestors were unchained and arrested.
I was first drawn to this story because it happened in Massachusetts. I agree with the "Black Lives Matter" protest and appreciate that this one was non-violent. Although there was no physical violence involved, the protest effected many people and their morning commutes. It was obvious that this protest was well planned in advance due to it's structure, but I do not think the protesters realized the extent of the overall consequences.
No comments:
Post a Comment