Friday, September 5, 2014
I flipped through a lot of Burncoat's old yearbooks and saw some things I liked and some things I would like to do differently for ours. First off, I really like how the top 25 students get a separate section where they can include a different quote and picture. I think it is better when the student can attach their own picture in this area unlike last year's where the yearbook class took separate pictures of each student with a wall as the backdrop. I believe it was in 2009 where they took the class picture in the formation of the year's number in the gymnasium rather than outside on the slant. I think this capture's not only more faces, but also more BHS pride. Obviously it's more costly, but a yearbook with the mostly colored pages appears much more vibrant and professional than one with some black and white pages. I really like how some yearbooks included baby pictures because they're silly and fun; I think we should definitely include that aspect in ours. Some yearbooks had a bunch of advertisements which doesn't look that good, but I am sure it cuts down the cost of each yearbook and allows companies and families to leave personalized messages. Finally, I like how in some yearbooks, a student had their own page to share some of their own high school memories. In some, however, it looks odd because there are only one or two of these. I think we should strongly encourage this and maybe provide smaller and less expensive options to make it more convenient. Looking at these different yearbooks gave me a better understanding of what I like and what I do not like in one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment