Sunday, November 30, 2014
Current Event #5
This article describes the photograph taken last Tuesday of the young boy and police officer sharing a hug at a Ferguson protest in Oregon. This picture, regardless of what side they are on, provided much happiness and much comfort for Americans who are aware of the Ferguson trial. I know I am generalizing when I say this, but the ultimate goal most people in our country want is peace. This pictures screams "peace" right in its center. This picture was not posed for a Public Service Announcement nor was it posed at all; it was a candid picture of a young black boy and a white male officer hugging each other with real tears in their eyes.
The picture displays that, although there is much corruption and hatred flooding our nation, people are still good and that people of all sorts can be kind to one another. It supports both sides of the issues for it shows that not all white police officers are violent and that not all black males are trouble. I had seen this picture on twitter but had not yet read anything on it. This article and the picture by itself is just what America needed to be exposed to this furious week.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/29/living/ferguson-protest-hug/index.html?hpt=hp_c3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment